Frankfurt (12 April 2021) – MV Index Solutions GmbH (MVIS®) will change following rules for all BlueStar branded Indices:
- Review schedule: Cut-off date of the capture market cap and ADTV data will be changed from 1st Thursday of June and December to last business day of previous month.
- Liquidity criteria: ADTV will be changed from 6 months to 3 months and reference to advisory committee will be removed for all indices as well as maximum bid-ask spread criterion. Liquidity overlay will also use 3-month ADV in all cases. All indices will adopt the standard MVIS rule defining minimum monthly volume to enter and remain in the index.
- Exchange eligibility: The new methodology will list countries hosting eligible exchanges, rather than listing eligible currencies and lists in investable index universe section.
- IPO Rule: Aligned with MVIS Indices rule, IPOs must have a 1-month seasoning period to be eligible for entry instead of 3 months at reviews.
- Input data: Free floats language and holiday schedule will be aligned with MVIS Indices.
Additional changes will be made to the following indices:
- Investibility Criteria:
|New Rules||Old Rules|
|Min. Full Mcap to enter the index||Min. Full Mcap to remain in the index||Min. Entry 3M ADTV to Enter the Index||Min. 3M ADTV to Remain in the Index||Min. 3M ADTV to Remain in the Index||Minimum Number||Min Float Mcap||Min 6M ADTV|
|BlueStar Asia Technology Index||$500mm||$250mm||$1mm||$500k||$750k||15 China / 15 non-China||$500mm||$1mm|
|BlueStar China Internet Software Index||$500mm||$250mm||$1mm||$500k||$750k||20||$500mm||$1mm|
|BlueStar Data Center & Logistics Real Estate Index||$500mm||$250mm||$2mm||$1mm||$1.5mm||40||$500mm||$2mm|
|BlueStar E-Commerce US Leaders Index||$1bn||$500mm||$1mm||$200k||$600k||50||$1bn||$1mm|
|BlueStar Genomic Health Care Index||$300mm||$150mm||$500k||$200k||$350k||50||$300mm||$200k|
|BlueStar Global GreenTech Index||$500mm||$250mm||$1mm||$200k||$600k||75||$500mm||$500k|
|BlueStar Machine Learning Quantum Computing Index||$150mm||$75mm||$1mm||$200k||$600k||70||$150mm||$250mm|
|BlueStar Solar Energy Index||$250mm||$150mm||$500k||$200k||$350k||30||$250mm||$250k|
|BlueStar Wind Energy Index||$250mm||$150mm||$500k||$200k||$350k||20||$250mm||$250k|
- Selection Procedure:
The following Global Equity indices’ target of investable universe is 99.0%, All eligible companies within the top 98.5% will be selected to the index. Current components withing the top 98.5%-99.5% will remain in the index.
For following Sector/Thematic Indices additional rule changes will be implemented:
- BlueStar Solar Energy Index and BlueStar
Wind Energy Industry Index: The
following line will be removed from the methodology:
“Non-pure-play companies will also be considered if they derive 100% of their revenue from some combination of solar and wind energy activities but the two segments are not broken down in company financial reports.”
- BlueStar Big Data & Analytics Index and BlueStar E-Brokers and Future Trading Platforms Index: Eligible IPOs can be added in March and September.
- BlueStar Travel and Vacation Index: Companies that are in the index due to having at least 25% revenue from a combination of theme parks and hotels will only be removed from the index if the revenue falls below 15%.
- BlueStar 5G Communications Index and BlueStar Machine Learning and Quantum Computing Index: Reviews are made in June and December and the rebalance will be effective at close on 3rd Friday of June and December.
- BlueStar Electric Vehicle Industry Index and BlueStar E-Healthcare Index: The review schedule changed from 1 to 2. Investability criteria format will be updated.
- MVIS Qatar Index: The minimum component number at reviews will be increased to 25.
All changes will become effective at implementations of the Q2 2021 review.
The amended Index Guides will be available for download at www.mvis-indices.com.
MV Index Solutions